2nd Update on Banister River Blueway-Banister Lake Boat Landing Project
TOWN OF HALIFAX, VIRGINIA
Sanitation & Recycling Department
70 South Main Street, Post Office Box 627
Halifax, Virginia 24558
EFFECTIVE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS & WEEK OF NEW YEAR’S HOLIDAY
December 12, 2016
To All Town of Halifax Customers:
Halifax Town Hall will be closed on Friday December 23rd, and all day Monday December 26th in observance of the Christmas Holiday and again on Monday January 2nd for New Year’s. During the modified holiday schedule, town residents may take their properly prepared recyclable materials (see guidelines for curbside pick-up below), to the large bins provided at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail lower parking lot which now accepts co-mingled newspaper (including mixed paper), plastic (#1 & #2), cardboard, cans (aluminum & metal) and mixed consumer glass (clear, green & brown). When recycling glass at the Convenience Center site, PLEASE PLACE THE GLASS AND OTHER ACCEPTED RECYCLEABLES DIRECTLY INTO THE BIN WITH NO BAGS-this will keep the materials free of contaminants so that sorting will not be necessary.
1) Monday December 26/January 2 – The Town of Halifax will be closed for the holiday.
2) Tuesday December 27/January 3 – Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes properties along US Hwy 501 south from the RR Tracks to the corporate limits, Spencer Lane, Golf Course Road, Brook Run, Cowford Road, Meadow Drive, Banister Road, Gatha’s Trail and Ballou Trail.
3) Wednesday December 28/January 4 – Residents normally served on Monday will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Mountain Road, Canterbury Drive, Woodview Road, Mimosa Drive, Oak Lane, Pine Road, Ash Street, Cedar Lane, Poplar Lane, Crawford Road, Academy Street, Ballpark Loop (within corporate limits), Craddock Street, Houston Street and Main Street (from Mountain Road south to the RR Tracks).
4) Thursday December 29/January 5 – Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Maple Avenue, Buena Vista Drive, Park Lane, Lakeside Drive, Harding Street, Snead Lane, Cary Street, Elam Street, Hedderly Street, Jackson Street, Back Street, Main Street (from Mountain Road north on US Hwy 501 and east on VA Hwy 360 to the corporate limits).
5) Friday December 30/January 6 – Curbside recycling will occur.