Request for Proposals - Professional Services: Term Contract
Notice - Request for Proposals
Professional Architectural, Engineering and Planning Services Town of Halifax Term Contract
1. General: The Town of Halifax seeks proposals from qualified architectural, engineering and planning firms to provide professional services on an as needed basis. The Town of Halifax will select one or more firms to provide the services requested using the "Competitive Negotiation Procedure for Professional Services" as outlined in the Virginia Public Procurement Act.
2. Scope of Services: The Town of Halifax seeks professional engineering/architectural and planning services to assist with particular projects as may be needed. Projects may be any, which are within the scope of professional architectural, engineering, planning and surveying, but are anticipated to include:
a. Professional Support for Compliance with Town/County/State/Federal Regulations
b. Engineering Design Services
c. Boundary and Topographic Surveys
d. Storm Water Management Assistance
e. Grant Writing Application and Administration Services
f. Planning & Zoning Consultation Services
g. Assistance in Creation of A/E and BMP Policies and Procedures
h. Energy Use and Conservation Audits
i. Architectural Design Services
3. Site Visits: Site visits are discouraged in the interest of reducing costs prior to short-listing or the interview stage.
4. Term of Contract: The Town of Halifax will enter into a one-year term contract with the selected engineering/consulting firm(s). The contract may be renewed, at the discretion of the OWNER, for up to three successive one-year terms.
5. Contents of Proposals: Each firm which wishes to submit a proposal in response to this Request for Proposals (RFP) must submit three (3) copies of an unmodified SF 254/255 along with a cover letter of not more than two pages.
6. Evaluation of Proposals: Selection criteria shall include the information contained in Standard Forms (SF) 254 and 255, references, or information from any other source. The proposals will be ranked and negotiations will begin with the top-ranked Offeror(s) in accordance with the Virginia Public Procurement Act.
7. Rejection of Proposals: The Town of Halifax reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received.
8. Labor and Civil Rights Provisions: Offerors shall comply with the following: President=s Executive Order #11246 prohibiting discrimination in employment regarding race, color, creed, sex, or national origin; the President=s Executive Order #12138 and #11625 regarding utilization of MBE/WBE firms; the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and the Age Discrimination and Employment Act. Offerors must certify that they do not or will not maintain or provide for their employees any facilities that are segregated on the basis of race, color, creed, or national origin.
Participation is encouraged from businesses certified as Small Businesses, Women Owned Businesses, Minority Owned Businesses, and Disadvantaged Owned Businesses. WBE/DBE utilization goals may apply depending on the project assignments and funding sources to be undertaken.
9. Deadline: All proposals must be received by 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2013. Proposals shall be mailed to:
Carl Espy, IV, Town Manager/Zoning Administrator
Town of Halifax, Virginia
70 South Main Street
Post Office Box 627
Halifax, Virginia 24558