Change in Sanitation Schedule for Week of July 4th Holiday
TOWN OF HALIFAX, VIRGINIA
Sanitation & Recycling Department
70 South Main Street, Post Office Box 627
Halifax, Virginia 24558
IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
EFFECTIVE WEEK OF JULY 4TH HOLIDAY
June 27, 2016
To All Town of Halifax Customers:
Halifax Town Hall will be closed on Monday July 4th in observance of Independence Day. Please be aware that the Town of Halifax will be picking up recyclables on Friday July 8th due to the modified Holiday schedule. The regular town curbside recycling pick up will resume Wednesday July 13th as customary. During the modified holiday schedule, town residents may take their properly prepared recyclable materials (see guidelines for curbside pick-up below), to the large bins provided at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail lower parking lot which now accepts co-mingled newspaper (including mixed paper), plastic (#1 & #2), cardboard, cans (aluminum & metal) and mixed consumer glass (clear, green & brown). When recycling glass at the Convenience Center site, PLEASE PLACE THE GLASS DIRECTLY INTO THE BIN WITH NO BAGS-this will keep the glass free of contaminants so that sorting will not be necessary.
The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct its solid waste pick-up the week of Independence Day on a modified schedule:
- Monday July 4 – The Town of Halifax will be closed for the July 4th holiday.
- Tuesday July 5 – Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes properties along US Hwy 501 south from the RR Tracks to the corporate limits, Spencer Lane, Golf Course Road, Brook Run, Cowford Road, Meadow Drive, Banister Road, Gatha’s Trail and Ballou Trail.
- Wednesday July 6 – Residents normally served on Monday will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Mountain Road, Canterbury Drive, Woodview Road, Mimosa Drive, Oak Lane, Pine Road, Ash Street, Cedar Lane, Poplar Lane, Crawford Road, Academy Street, Ballpark Loop (within corporate limits), Craddock Street, Houston Street and Main Street (from Mountain Road south to the RR Tracks).
- Thursday July 7 - Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Maple Avenue, Buena Vista Drive, Park Lane, Lakeside Drive, Harding Street, Snead Lane, Cary Street, Elam Street, Hedderly Street, Jackson Street, Back Street, Main Street (from Mountain Road north on US Hwy 501 and east on VA Hwy 360 to the corporate limits).
- Friday July 8 – The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct curbside recycling on this day and will resume regular weekly curbside recycling on Wednesday July 13th.