l Public Service Announcement:
The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct its annual free spring clean-up for town residents and businesses by appointment only on Friday, May 19th and Saturday, May 20th. This service will be subject to the following conditions:
- Residents and businesses are required to call the Halifax Town Hall (434-476-2343) for notification to remove discarded household/business items and yard debris too large for regular trash pick-up and must give their name, telephone number and physical address (notification for sign-up must be made prior to 12:00 noon on Wednesday, May 17th).
- Only household/business items that can be lifted by two grown men will be accepted, and no caustic solvents, toxic or hazardous materials or petroleum based liquids will be permitted.
- Tree limbs and brush must be cut in lengths no greater than 4 feet and neatly piled by participant along with qualifying household/business items near the curbside of the property or customary pick up site to be easily visible and accessible from the road by Town Solid Waste personnel.
- Town employees will not be responsible for cutting or removing tree trunks or tree limbs with a diameter of 4 inches or greater.
- The Solid Waste Supervisor will not be required to remove the qualifying material mentioned above if resident or business owner has failed to notify the Halifax Town Hall to schedule a pick-up.